For our 2nd year anniversary Lindi got me something I’ve wanted for a while, but I never considered it practical enough to justify the purchase being film and all. So here it is a 35mm film based Lomography Fish Eye 2 camera. I’m looking forward to playing with this crazy 10mm equiv fish-eye and getting some films developed! If you don’t know what lomography is… here are the 10 “golden rules”:
1. Take your camera everywhere you go.
2. Use it any time – day and night.
3. Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it.
4. Try the shot from the hip.
5. Approach the objects of your Lomographic desire as close as possible.
6. Don’t think.
7. Be fast.
8. You don’t have to know beforehand what you captured on film.
9. Afterwards either.
10. Don’t worry about any rules.
So really, it’s just a more care-free style of photography which does not worry about technical excellence, and actually embraces visual flaws… but most importantly it’s about capturing our lives. I’m looking forward to dropping the DSLR every now and then, and having some fun!